Category: Community

A BitterSweet Announcement

Change Direction by Phil Whitehouse, Flickr

January was one of the hardest months we’ve had in a long time. In fact, the other night John and I were talking about how January was the hardest month of our marriage. And in that conversation John said, “I actually think we’re entering a really hard season… it’s not going to be just the month of January.” It was sobering to soak in those words, but I knew he was right. We are just in a hard season of life right now.

As you noticed with my last post, we [ READ MORE... ]

To Our Unborn Black Baby

cherlejoyful/Flickr

cherlejoyful/Flickr

As we wrestle with the hurt and confusion and injustice at the loss of unarmed black lives around the U.S., I noticed a major shift in how I viewed these recent losses. As many of you know, we are in the process of adopting, but only few know that we are adopting an African American baby. As I read the reports on Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, and more, I no longer see them as ?outsiders?, strangers, just another person. I now see my baby. [ READ MORE... ]

Overwhelmed yet Thankful

CALI, Flickr

This is how I feel (CALI, Flickr)

Our Dear Friends,
There’s (many) a reason why I’ve been absent from the blog, but it’s NOT because I’ve forgotten about you all! I constantly tell myself I need to sit down and update you all on our adoption journey, but finding the time has been nearly impossible (and no, it wasn’t due to Netflix-bingeing this time, surprisingly enough;).

We are currently in the beginning stage of our Home Study process, which is SUPER exciting because it just makes everything seem [ READ MORE... ]

Come To Our Silent Auction!

blogauction2

Sunday is the BIG day, you guys! We are having our Silent Auction for Adoption at our dear friends’ home in Little Canada. And we are so excited about all that’s been donated! People and local businesses have stepped up and have truly made this a community event. We are just so grateful and humbled by all of your support and love – thank you!!!

Now all we need is YOU! To come and support us and have a fun time! We will be having seasonal drinks, [ READ MORE... ]

The Power of (Social Media) Community

vedaesther-2-10

Baby #3 growing in our hearts

Okay, Social Media, we’re turning to you! 🙂
Though some people may be cynical about the value of social media, we believe much good and beauty can come as a result of people coming together online for a cause!

As many of you know, we are currently in the process of fundraising for our adoption, and we are realizing just how beautifully and humbly dependent we are on people to make our adoption possible. If you?ve read the [ READ MORE... ]

Garage Sale Success!

Mercy & Alayanna showing off their facepainting :)

Mercy & Alayanna showing off their facepainting 🙂

This weekend we had our *first* fundraising event for Baby M (as s/he will henceforth be known as;), and it was such a success! People from ALL over the Twin Cities donated clothing, toys, home decor, technology, antiques, baked goods and more to sell at our garage sale, and I am telling you, we had some amazing donations! A Kindle, two adult bikes in excellent shape, a guitar, an AC unit, three tables, a lush green chair/couch, a pack n play, amazing kid toys, as well as a ton of cookies, banana [ READ MORE... ]